Post Quantum Cryptography Researcher
Who we are?
Promise Protocols a post-quantum secure and group signature technology platform for global financial transactions that require timely repayments and the decentralization of credit reputations.
Why work at Promise?
We are a high-energy, innovation-focused team of engineers and technologists passionate about leveraging advanced cryptographic primitives. Promise’s environment is highly collaborative, and the ideal candidate will have an eye for detail and be a team player who enjoys working with others to find cutting-edge solutions to tricky problems. Come join us!
What we are looking for in the Senior Cryptography Engineer?
This role is ideal for cryptography scientists who have deep research experience and familiarity with evolving and established post quantum cryptographic protocols and their implementation.
Preferred areas of research interest would be post-quantum cryptography. Candidates are required to have a Ph.D. in Computer Science, ECE or a related area, by the time of appointment and an outstanding research record. Solid background in cryptography, network security, distributed systems, protocols and algorithms, is highly desirable.
What you will be responsible doing?
- Design and architect post quantum cryptography protocols in distributed p2p systems
- Work with core internal team and external open source community
- Collaborate with engineering and product teammates to produce protocol specifications that help serve Promise customer objectives
- Collaborate and support other teams in developing crypto economic consensus protocol
- Identify and recommend technologies to solve technical challenges such as proof sizes
- Interest in working in startup environments with a brisk pace and constantly changing challenges
What experience will you bring to the team:
- BS/MS/ Ph.D. in a scientific field or equivalent experience
- Passion and pursuit of Post Quantum cryptography solutions
- Experience or interest in working with Rust, and/or C/C++
- Familiarity with various cryptography protocols and proxy cryptography protocols
- Core understanding of cryptography, public/private key, hash functions, encryption/signatures
- Experience with the following:
- Software solution architect with open source tools
- Developing distributed applications
- Experience in cybersecurity
- Experience with remote-work environments a plus
- Ability to effectively communicate problems and solutions to the different team members
- Restricted Stock Equity
- Company Meals
- Full Medical and Dental coverage
What skills will you have acquired:
- Strong problem-solving skills, ability to think fast and thoroughly
- Comfortable working in problem domain with a high degree of unknowns
- Excellent communication skills
- Secure Coding
- Ability to analyze security on large scale systems
- Designing, working with, and scaling distributed systems
Promise Protocol is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to jobs[ at ] promiseprotocols [ dot] com