Senior Cryptography Engineer
Who we are?Promise Protocols a post-quantum secure and group signature technology platform for global financial transactions that require timely repayments.
Why work at Promise?
We are a high-energy, innovation-focused team of engineers and technologists passionate about leveraging advanced cryptographic primitives. Promise’s environment is highly collaborative, and the ideal candidate will have an eye for detail and be a team player who enjoys working with others to find cutting-edge solutions to tricky problems. Come join us!
What we are looking for in the Senior Cryptography Engineer?
Promise Protocols is looking for a passionate and experienced developer with cryptography experience to help develop, build and deploy a distributed, fault-tolerant P2P payments and exchange platform.
This role is ideal for cryptography scientists or software engineers with deep experience and familiarity with evolving and established cryptographic protocols and their implementation.
What you will be responsible doing?
- Develop, build and deploy crypto protocols in distributed p2p systems
- Work with core internal team and external open source community
- Collaborate with teammates to produce protocol specifications
- Collaborate and support other teams in developing crypto economic consensus protocol
- Develop and maintain interfaces for platform API
- Identify and recommend technologies to solve technical challenges
What experience will you bring to the team:
- BS/MS/ Ph.D. in a scientific field or equivalent experience
- Experience developing in Rust, and/or C/C++
- Experience delivering elliptic curve cryptology solutions into production
- Familiarity with various cryptography protocols and proxy cryptography protocols
- Core understanding of cryptography, public/private key, hash functions, encryption/signatures
- Experience with the following:
- Software solution architect with open source tools
- Developing distributed applications
- Experience in cybersecurity
- Experience with remote-work environments a plus
- Ability to effectively communicate problems and solutions to the different team members
- Restricted Stock Equity
- Company Meals
- Full Medical and Dental coverage
What skills will you have acquired:
- Strong problem-solving skills, ability to think fast and thoroughly
- Comfortable working in problem domain with a high degree of unknowns
- Excellent communication skills
- Secure Coding
- Ability to analyze security on large scale systems
- Designing, working with, and scaling distributed systems
Promise Protocol is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to [email protected]